Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion Tolman Skiffs / Re: cabin / cuddy floor coverings
« Last post by dldobler on Today at 04:10:29 PM »
I used Tuff-Coat, now owned by Pettit, and it has been very durable.  It uses rubber bits, not sand, and is easy on the knees.
General Discussion Tolman Skiffs / Re: Potomac jumbo
« Last post by Steve V on Today at 03:50:38 AM »
Thanks guys. I will post some more pictures soon.
« Last post by wildscottishblum on June 28, 2022, 08:31:07 PM »
Congratulations! Your skiff looks great, now let's see some pics getting her bloodied up!
« Last post by Cordell on June 28, 2022, 07:55:37 PM »
 Congradulations! She is looking good on the water.
  Now the real fun starts! Well a different less tedious and expensive and grouling fun hopefully  ;D
« Last post by pfithian on June 27, 2022, 10:52:07 AM »
Very nice, and congratulations!  Any pictures of your "Tolman Smile"?
« Last post by Steve V on June 27, 2022, 08:50:10 AM »
Made it on the water!
General Discussion Tolman Skiffs / Re: awful quiet...
« Last post by wildscottishblum on June 25, 2022, 07:26:31 PM »
Cordell, you must live in an amazing place, Ling Cod and Mahi Mahi, either that you you have done some serious trailering!
Thanks for the photos!
« Last post by Kobuk on June 25, 2022, 02:55:30 PM »
Mine's a fairly small area and it's just painted.  It's never really slippery unless I track fish slime in from the working deck area, and then a swipe with a rag, towel or sponge is all it takes to be clean as a whistle again.  Seems to be working fine for my purposes.  I like to keep that area pretty clean, and dry for the most part, and that's super easy to do since it's just smooth paint.
« Last post by Cordell on June 25, 2022, 10:59:34 AM »
Removable squares seem popular.
I will send you a photo via email.

I could have used somthing like this I think. I would have them in for rough wet conditions and when we are not in the Ocean just camping cruising the sound a painted floor would be sufficient and easy to clean as apposed to sweeping nonskid. That said the kiwigrip does sweep ok. Sweeps easier with a rag or deck towel than a broom, and it would be time consuming to clean out and dry under the removable floor covering.

Carpet for me would hold to much moisture and likely be an odor problem.  I need to be able to wash EVERYTHING in splashing and tracking distance of the cickpit after a fishing trip.

After all that rambling  I think the sweepable not super aggressive nonskid had been the right choice for our situation. 

I will say it would be super easy to move on to something else if you didn't like the removable item. Out the cost though.
« Last post by TFreeburg on June 25, 2022, 10:38:28 AM »
Removable squares seem popular.
I will send you a photo via email.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10