Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Introduce Yourself / Re: Hello from Finland (and a question...)
« Last post by Pekka on Today at 05:38:35 AM »
Couple of pictures of the "9mm single sheet birch ply" bottom. It resisted a bit more than anticipated but got there in the end.
Boats For Sale / Tolman Jumbo in Anchorage!
« Last post by Weaverg12 on May 23, 2024, 06:31:08 PM »
24 ft Jumbo for sale in Anchorage.

Beautifully crafted hull and pilothouse built by my father-in-law. I've made some additions to it but unfortunately I don't have time to finish her. The outside is painted with Acrolon 213, and has been shrink-wrapped for the winter. Willing to deliver anywhere on the road system.

Asking 32k. Price is negotiable. Comes with extras that I've accrued throughout the build. Come check her out!

My loss is your gain. Finish her and get fishing!

Below is the link to a folder where you can find some pictures.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/j7qrbq1bGiaLJRTc6
Tolman Skiff Adventures / Re: First Isle Royale Trip
« Last post by pfithian on May 21, 2024, 08:34:54 AM »
Working up plans for this adventure, initial thoughts are to splash in Baraga or L'Anse and work up the Keweenaw Peninsula.  Maybe jump over to Isle Royale from Copper or Eagle Harbor, conditions permitting.
Tolman Skiff Adventures / Re: First Isle Royale Trip
« Last post by pfithian on May 20, 2024, 08:13:15 AM »
Delayed a few years with projects, planning a voyage to Isle Royale late July this year with Made It.

Any current advice?
Announcements / Re: Another Jumbo is launched!
« Last post by KenB on May 19, 2024, 07:14:20 AM »
Congrats! get out there and get the boat wet! There will be plenty of time to post photos once the weather turns!
« Last post by Kobuk on May 16, 2024, 08:59:00 PM »
AWESOME!!  Looking forward to pics!
« Last post by guldam on May 16, 2024, 10:48:26 AM »
Huzzah! Can’t wait to see launch photos!

Congrats!
Announcements / Another Jumbo is launched!
« Last post by TFreeburg on May 15, 2024, 10:15:29 PM »
After six and a half years I finally have my Tolman Jumbo in the salt!  Years ago I did not trust my photo expertise to publish much from my iPad to this website, and now I am just too tired to make a masterful entrance.  However, there will be photos coming, because I owe so much to so many that are part of this group.
I want to call out just a few, and I sincerely apologize for those I have missed.
WCBoatworks (Chuck) gave me my first big start. At the beginning, it was pre-cut wood.  At the end it was an HIN that saved me massive amounts of time and money. Ron Barnes (and son-in-law Cordell) gifted me with a jig that was scheduled for the burn pile…. And, when resurrected in my garage it was only 1/4” off of square.
Personal visits with the twins when they were still in San Francisco, a trip to Frank and his nearly finished beauty in Bothell, time with Ron & Cordell in Stanwood and numerous emails with all of the above, have made a huge difference in my boat.  Especially my time with “LarsPa” aka Tom Eastgard, have made my time less stressful, and more productive.
The mistakes are mine - the cool features belong to my mentors.
Stay tuned - there will be photos!
Introduce Yourself / Re: Peter alias - very sad news!
« Last post by narvik on May 12, 2024, 02:59:33 AM »
Hello,

thanks to all of you for your kind words and your good advice!
You are a great community!

I am in contact with Jallii now and hopefully he can take over the project so that we all can see the boat finished some day!

Best regards

Anja
Introduce Yourself / Re: Peter alias - very sad news!
« Last post by jallii on May 07, 2024, 03:05:00 PM »
Sorry to hear of Peter's passing.
He was the only one I knew about from Europe before Pekka.

Yes I can help, if needed, but lets just wait and see what his loved ones want.
Sent a private message.

KenB you perhaps do not realize that its not actually a walk in the park to travel some 3000 km to pick up a boat. Taking upon me the task to finish his project, I would also need to take on the task to produce the so called "technical documentation, tests, calculations etc. involved for CE-certification. A Finnish company takes about 6000€ for the tests and the work their experts do for CE-certification / boat.  Its a serious amount of work even for experts. That's the reason for the price tag. The kind of data that is needed for the process is simply not available and needs to be produced. The boat cannot be registered or sold without a CE-plate.  It's simply the only way to get new boats to EU markets. I don't have more space to keep DIY boats stored for 5 years. I already have 5 boats hanging around. Will probably burn one at "midsummer night bonfire".  Taking on his project would "force me" to produce the documentation needed for widebody, and thus be very usefull, but I would need to postpone my own design for a while. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10