Author Topic: Epoxy Dust Exposure is also bad  (Read 16297 times)

Offline tolman_paul

• Chief Officer
    • Ukverun Consulting LLC
Re: Epoxy Dust Exposure is also bad
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 05:43:54 PM »
I always wore a respirator when sanding epoxy, as I figured most of the times I'd be getting shards of fiberglass in the mix, and that stuff just ain't good to breathe  :o

Somehow I managed to get through construction w/o getting sensitized to epoxy, and I didn't have good ventilation when mixing up the resin, nor was I always good about wearing the respirator.

Offline JMB

• Third Mate
Re: Epoxy Dust Exposure is also bad
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 12:43:30 AM »
I have a 3M  spray cartridge mask but not the full face unit.  Noticing, that when the twin filters become "clogged"/filled with whatever, the mask tends to leak at the nose.  Good time/indicator to change cartridges/fabric filter.  I even vacuum the unit it appears to help.  But, that is "the cheap" in me.
Used to itch when using polyester resin.  But, thankfully no reactions with dust.  Even though I do wear long sleeves at all times.  And, have at least 1 fan sucking the microscopic dust particles to the outdoors.  Where mother nature can.............
And, after use I place clean paper towels inside mouthpiece to suck up the perspiration that gathers inside the mask.
Just my $.02 worth.
JMB