Author Topic: awful quiet...  (Read 266 times)

Offline wildscottishblum

• Able Seaman
    • Email
awful quiet...
« on: June 20, 2022, 07:14:16 AM »
ten days without a new post? wutgivs?
Got my tank set in place over the weekend, will be finishing up deck panels and getting them installed

Offline guldam

• Administrator
  • Chief Officer
    • Fishyfish.com
    • Email
Re: awful quiet...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 09:09:04 AM »
Tis the season me thinks. Folks are doing warm weather stuff. I'm seeing the same lack of activity on a couple airgun forums I hang out on.

I'm watching the weather so I can get some ocean time with the Jumbo. The wind machine has been blowing non stop for weeks now.

Offline TGolik

• Deckhand
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 02:53:17 PM »
Your under deck finish looks great Wildscottishblum. I’m in the same spot with the tank on my jumbo but I didn’t paint the under deck area like you did. Looking at your boat has me thinking maybe I will paint before I mount the tank and install the floor.

Offline tananaBrian

• Captain
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 04:21:17 PM »

I've noticed that before ... it seems if one forum drops in activity, then all forums do.  Steve's probably right ... the season is perfect for a lot of things....

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Offline Cordell

• Boson
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 06:06:28 PM »
I look more than i post i guess.  Been on the water a fair bit fortunately. 

Underfloor looks good!

Thats a better use of pool noodles than I usually see!
25'  Jumbo
Start: 8/29/15
Flip: 4/9/16
Launched: 1/27/2018

Offline wildscottishblum

• Able Seaman
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 07:23:03 PM »
I look more than i post i guess.  Been on the water a fair bit fortunately. 

Underfloor looks good!

Thats a better use of pool noodles than I usually see!

Thanks Cordell, it really makes for a nice snug fit for the 1 1/2" conduit, they don't rattle at all.

Offline luk diver

• Chief Officer
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2022, 08:43:10 PM »
Steve: Did you crown deck or build-in a slope aft? One of our BIGGEST regrets is not installing drains in the forward corners of our fishdeck running to stern drainbox. We've wornout sponges sopping up the water since 2003!!! B & B

Offline guldam

• Administrator
  • Chief Officer
    • Fishyfish.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2022, 07:44:05 AM »
Steve: Did you crown deck or build-in a slope aft? One of our BIGGEST regrets is not installing drains in the forward corners of our fishdeck running to stern drainbox. We've wornout sponges sopping up the water since 2003!!! B & B

Nope, and it’s a pain.  Same for the anchor well. Water pools and it annoys me to no end. I may end up rethinking the anchor well by building up the center so the water drains.

Offline tananaBrian

• Captain
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2022, 10:29:42 AM »

Nope, and it’s a pain.  Same for the anchor well. Water pools and it annoys me to no end. I may end up rethinking the anchor well by building up the center so the water drains.

Go to the hardware store and buy the warpiest sheet of plywood ... it's already got the crown built in for you!

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Offline wildscottishblum

• Able Seaman
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2022, 07:20:56 PM »

Bob,
No crown built in but the fore 96" of deck are raised ~2 3/8" above the tops of the stringers, the aft most ~20" of deck will slope down to the tops of the stringers. Most of this will be under the splashwell so it won't really be noticeable, I plan to put transom scuppers about 4" in from the sides of the transom. The idea being the water will run back there and out. I am going to have a fully sealed deck, with one access port over the fuel uptake.  There will also be an open, short chase from the bilge up underneath the splashwell, to allow wires and hoses to cross the centerline.

Offline Kobuk

• Third Mate
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2022, 11:06:40 AM »
Summer!  And in Alaska summer is a super short four month window, so every minute counts!  We build these skiffs to get off the internet and on the ocean.  While you're still building it can seem lonely on the internet, but once you're done you're going to want to be out on the ocean, too!  I just returned from a few days out; no big halibut this time, but chickens and rockfish all day long.  Sockeye are hitting the rivers now, and pinks will start coming in soon followed by silvers.  And silvers means lots more time on the water just before snow flies.  Build fast, go fishing (and take some kids with you)!
22' Widebody
Started: 3/2019
Flipped: 6/2019
Floated: 6/2020

Offline Cordell

• Boson
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2022, 07:26:52 PM »
Summer!  And in Alaska summer is a super short four month window, so every minute counts!  We build these skiffs to get off the internet and on the ocean.  While you're still building it can seem lonely on the internet, but once you're done you're going to want to be out on the ocean, too!  I just returned from a few days out; no big halibut this time, but chickens and rockfish all day long.  Sockeye are hitting the rivers now, and pinks will start coming in soon followed by silvers.  And silvers means lots more time on the water just before snow flies.  Build fast, go fishing (and take some kids with you)!

Nothing better than putting kids on fish!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 07:37:34 PM by Cordell »
25'  Jumbo
Start: 8/29/15
Flip: 4/9/16
Launched: 1/27/2018

Offline TFreeburg

• Boson
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2022, 07:44:29 PM »
Fun times!
Enjoy!!
Snohomish Tom
My goal: 25' Jumbo
First epoxy: 10/3/17
Flipped: 6/15/2019

Offline tananaBrian

• Captain
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2022, 06:05:15 AM »

Thanks ... really enjoyed the pictures :D

Offline wildscottishblum

• Able Seaman
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2022, 07:26:31 PM »
Cordell, you must live in an amazing place, Ling Cod and Mahi Mahi, either that you you have done some serious trailering!
Thanks for the photos!