Author Topic: Rockin rockfish  (Read 3720 times)

Offline tolman_paul

• Chief Officer
    • Ukverun Consulting LLC
Rockin rockfish
« on: September 10, 2008, 12:05:19 PM »
I came up with an easy and tasty way to prepare rockfish, for those that like a bit of zing.

Take skinned fillets of 3-4 four rockfish and place on a foil covered grill with a thin layer of olive oil.  Put juice of one lime or lemon on the fillets and let sit a few minutes while preparing the topping.  Combine 1/2 c mayo w/ 2 T of red Thai curry paste.  Spoon on the top of the fillets.  Grill over coals with some alder or birch for a light smoke flavor.

Cook til just firmed up and enjoy.

Offline gakonasteff

• Able Seaman
  • Lucky Dog
    • Email
Re: Rockin rockfish
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 01:31:36 PM »
 Sounds like a great recipe! I don't have any rockfish but I think I'll try it on some halibut cheeks, you gotta love the red Thai curry!!
Steffan
Gakona,Alaska

Offline tolman_paul

• Chief Officer
    • Ukverun Consulting LLC
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »
I used it on lingcod and it was good.  I guess I should say a good recipe for most any white fish meat.

Offline tananaBrian

• Captain
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 09:46:21 PM »

Paul keeps tempting us every now and then ...I think Paul's a secret chef.  Still need to grab dinner with that guy... I should bring the meat, let Paul do the cooking :)

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Offline KenB

• First Mate
    • KenB Tolman website (done with iWeb)
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 10:06:34 AM »
This one works for tautog and striped bass also.

I have used the mayo technique on bluefish as well. One time I tried almonds, but that didn't work out so hot.
best,
KenB

"HOW CHEAPLY CAN A TOLMAN SKIFF BE BUILT AND JUST HOW  MUCH IS SACRIFICED IF COST IS THE PRIME MOVER?"
- Bruce Armstrong   

"I can tell you that either a nice BFT or a big YFT is an absolute riot on a Tolman. The boat is so light it's like the old man and the sea..."
- Dave Nolan (RIP)