Author Topic: Halibut "Crabby Style"  (Read 4108 times)

Offline jerry bark

• Second Mate
    • Email
Halibut "Crabby Style"
« on: January 10, 2011, 04:36:39 PM »
My 10 year old daughter named this recipe crabby style because she thinks it tastes like crab. It is really good so give it a try and see if you agree with her:

melt a stick of butter and put it in a baking dish with a 1/4 cup of olive oil. Cut up your halibut in 3/4 inch cubes, give or take. you want fairly uniform pieces so it will all be done at about the same time. spread the halibut in a single layer in the dish. top halibut with some salt and pepper, then a bit of Parmesan cheese and finally a good amount of italian seasoned bread crumbs. improvise as required. try to match the size of the pan to the amount of fish you are cooking so that it is crowded, but not tight, and in one layer. the butter and oil should cover the fish about half way if you got it just right.

bake this in a 350 oven until the fish is done. if you got it just right the fish will be done about the same time the toppings start to get crispy a bit.

Give it a try, don't tell your doctor.  ;)

Jerry
Tolman Widebody Skiff built in 2011

Sturgis, Michigan

Offline tananaBrian

• Captain
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
    • Email
Re: Halibut "Crabby Style"
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:56:51 AM »

...Just tell him that you are eating a lot of broiled fish, but don't elaborate on the recipe!
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Offline jerry bark

• Second Mate
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:51:46 PM »

...Just tell him that you are eating a lot of broiled fish, but don't elaborate on the recipe!

;D ;D

Sturgis, Michigan

Offline akfishdude

• Able Seaman
  • 22' widebody, Suzuki 90; wheelhouse no cuddy
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 12:35:31 PM »
Jerry:
I made the crabby halibut this weekend and the kids loved it!  I used half the butter and oil. Tasted great.  Thanks for the recipe.
Dave.

Offline jerry bark

• Second Mate
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »
Well done,

Glad they liked it!

Jerry

Sturgis, Michigan

Offline tananaBrian

• Captain
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 09:12:58 PM »

I love pix with the recipes.  It multiplies the chances of trying it 10X...

bd

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>