Author Topic: Jumbo building jig available.  (Read 255 times)

Offline larspa

• Third Mate
    • Email
Jumbo building jig available.
« on: May 23, 2022, 09:44:40 AM »
After Memorial Day, I will have a building jig available in Hood Canal area for the lucky winner.  It’s sized for a 24’ Jumbo @ 20’ long X 4’ wide.  Sides are 2 x 12s  with a cross member in the middle and gussets on the corners.  There are swivel castors on the ends, which are metal with a hard plastic/rubber surface.  See the picture below.  They’re also an extra set of fixed and another set of swivels.  There may be more.  Of course, the jig can be broken down to take home.

The lucky guy will need to pick it up.  We live on the north end of Hood Canal, about a half-hour south of the bridge.  If interested, msg or email me.  <[email protected]>

te
Jumbo 24' in progress.

Offline wildscottishblum

• Able Seaman
    • Email
Re: Jumbo building jig available.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 07:06:16 AM »
Tom, does this mean she is on the trailer? Pics?

Offline larspa

• Third Mate
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 08:57:15 AM »
Building available    With no takers,  I've dismantled it.  The local lumber yard tells me that 2'x12'x20' goes for a bit over $100.  These have been inside for several years so they're definitely dry.  And straight, no twists, warps, or cups, so I'm thinking that the pair of them for $100 ought to be a steal. What do ya think?

per wildscottissblum --

Onto trailer from building jig
Boat back home with its Suzuki 150 and in the shop for some final paint stuff.
Jumbo 24' in progress.

Offline guldam

• Administrator
  • Chief Officer
    • Fishyfish.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 09:09:52 AM »
Building available    With no takers,  I've dismantled it.  The local lumber yard tells me that 2'x12'x20' goes for a bit over $100.  These have been inside for several years so they're definitely dry.  And straight, no twists, warps, or cups, so I'm thinking that the pair of them for $100 ought to be a steal. What do ya think?

per wildscottissblum --

Onto trailer from building jig
Boat back home with its Suzuki 150 and in the shop for some final paint stuff.

Beautiful!

Offline larspa

• Third Mate
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 09:28:09 AM »
The jig has been disassembled and what's left are the two 20' planks.  Within a week or so, I will be posting on one of several local by/sell sites.  If someone in Western Washington thinks they might be building a Tolman, they should call me within the next couple of days.
Jumbo 24' in progress.