Board Questions > Board Help

Missing ...since last logon

(1/1)

larspa:
Steve,

I seem to be missing that option on the login page where I can choose to view posting since last visit.  I haven't changed anything on the browser, and this problem exists for both Firefox and Chrome.   It was there within a couple of days ago.

te

guldam:
It appears to be a bug in SMF and how it deals with cookies. (I think). Others have complained, but eventually it appears to work for folks. I typically use a variety of browsers, and I see it, when I switch from Safari on iPhone to Chrome or FF on Mac. 

I will go by the support forum for SMF and see if there's a fix, or if this is considered as designed.

--- Quote from: larspa on February 11, 2016, 10:53:14 AM ---Steve,

I seem to be missing that option on the login page where I can choose to view posting since last visit.  I haven't changed anything on the browser, and this problem exists for both Firefox and Chrome.   It was there within a couple of days ago.

te

--- End quote ---

guldam:
Couple things:

1. Do you have cookies disabled on your browser?  If so this is probably source of your issue.
2. There are two links at top of page:
    a. Show unread posts since last visit.
    b. Show new replies to your posts.
3. Another link at bottom of home page:
   a. View the most recent posts on the forum.

If you get no results when clicking on "Show unread posts since last visit", SMF usually provides another link in the header of results that says:

"No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics."

This should give you a list of unread topics to enjoy.

Hope this helps.

Steveoh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version