Author Topic: 23'-6" Wide Body Complete!  (Read 60764 times)

Offline barrelroll

• Able Seaman
Re: 23'-6" Wide Body Complete!
« Reply #225 on: March 08, 2021, 08:42:21 PM »
Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to borrow you side box idea now that I'm going with a raised floor. How tall are they / how wide are they at the shelf?

Thanks a ton

Offline Arne K

• Boson
« Reply #226 on: March 16, 2021, 10:50:56 PM »
I don't remember but I'll try to get a pic with a tape measure in the next couple of days.
"K-Newt": 23'-6" Widebody Pilothouse powered by Yamaha 115hp. Launched Aug 2019.

Offline Arne K

• Boson
« Reply #227 on: April 14, 2021, 07:42:15 PM »
This is how fast a few days goes by around here. ;D
Anyway, here are some pics:
"K-Newt": 23'-6" Widebody Pilothouse powered by Yamaha 115hp. Launched Aug 2019.

Offline barrelroll

• Able Seaman
« Reply #228 on: April 21, 2021, 07:24:50 AM »
Thanks, those really help. I think I'm going to run them to the front of the pilot house for some added storage.

Offline bent rod/larry v

• Able Seaman
    • Patriot Flagpole Co.
« Reply #229 on: May 01, 2021, 06:26:49 AM »
Arne,

I am working on my transom layout (22'-6") Jumbo and I like what you've done.  A couple questions. 

I currently have a wide transom cutout that allows for the kicker to be mounted next to the main motor.  However, a set up like yours with the kicker on a bracket allows for much more and taller storage at the transom with a narrow splashwell for the main motor.  I assume you use the kicker and operate it manually from the transom while trolling.  How comfortable/convenient is that  with your set up?

Also, does you deck drain through the scuppers when the boat is at rest?  My prior boats have had a small slop well at the transom that the deck drained into but I an thinking of a sealed deck for the Jumbo.  Thanks.

Offline Arne K

• Boson
« Reply #230 on: May 01, 2021, 06:38:25 AM »
I have a Reactor 40 Kicker pilot on mine. I have operated the outboard manually but it's not something I would want to do for hours of trolling. No, my scuppers don't drain at rest. I put the ping pong ball valves in them to keep water from rushing in when backing into swells and they work well for that. However, they do let some water trickle in when at rest, especially when I have a half tote with a couple hundred pounds of ice on deck or people fishing at the back corners. At salmon trolling speeds (1.5-2.5kn) they drain fine.

Offline Cannon

• Captain
  • Salem Oregon
    • NW Outdoor Writer
    • Email
« Reply #231 on: May 01, 2021, 07:52:16 AM »
I have a similar setup for scuppers with one exception, mine drain to the sides and while fishing I plug them with plastic plumbing test plugs. My deck is raised 4 inches which helps, just not quite enough when you are fishing with big guys moving around on deck either netting or gaffing and especially with 500+ pounds of shaved salt ice!  The drain plugs solve all of that!
While underway, I pull the plugs and the deck drains well.
My kicker is mounted on a bracket which was intentional because I wanted the cabinet space. The cabinet on the starboard houses my autopilot pump, fuel filter and a fuse bus for downriggers, deck lighting, crab Davit, and wash down pump. The actual wash down pump is in the port side cabinet.
Oh and my kicker is also controlled by a reactor 40 as well.
Great Alaskan 28' started June 2015, launched August 2016
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; while the Titanic was built by professionals.

Offline bent rod/larry v

• Able Seaman
    • Patriot Flagpole Co.
« Reply #232 on: May 01, 2021, 08:28:55 AM »
Arne and Cannon,

Thanks for the reply.  I'll likely keep the full splashwell. A Reactor 40 would be nice but I don't troll a lot.